Clinical placements will be an integral part of the physiotherapy course and will enable you to gain relevant ‘hands on’ training in a clinical setting, link theory to practice in a meaningful way and apply the skills you have acquired at UTS to the treatment of real patients.
Our integrated clinical placements will ensure you gain a breadth of physiotherapy experience in a broad range of settings addressing issues across the lifespan. You will complete 700 hours of clinical placement over the two-year program, undertaken as four blocks, each full-time and of five weeks in duration. During placements you can expect to manage a diverse case load of patients under the guidance of a clinical supervisor and who will also be an experienced physiotherapist.
The UTS Master of Physiotherapy holds Australian Physiotherapy Council accreditation.
Benefits of the UTS clinical placement program:
- assess and treat real patients and gain relevant clinical experience
- gain experience across a range of settings which may include private practice, acute care, community
- enhance your clinical reasoning, organisation, time management, supervision, communication and conflict resolution skills
- increase your awareness and understanding of the different areas of physiotherapy practice, helping to shape your future career path
- network with other health professionals and begin to build contacts within the profession
- be prepared for entering the workforce with a wide range of skills and capabilities
Finding a placement
UTS: Physiotherapy sources all your placements at sites carefully selected to offer quality supervision that complements in-class learning.